Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Expressing frustration

To be honest... I don't have very much support in this adoption. And I mean... not much at all. I think I can count TRUE support on one hand.

Now I have lots of bloggie friends and RR friends and I am so grateful to each one of you! I wish I could express just how valuable you are to me!


But I get so tired of feeling like I need to defend my love for my girls! Or my desire to make whatever sacrifices necessary to bring them home and raise them! Or my desire to adopt not only 1 special needs child, but 2!

I can not believe how many people are floored that we would adopt a blind child!! Down syndrome ... well that might be okay, because everyone knows how happy and friendly "those people" are. [WHATEVER!!!!] Still, in almost every conversation there is an undertone of disbelief, horror, confusion, and disapproval!
And sadly, I really don't think I am imagining it! I always talk about it with joy! But lately, there are few I can share this journey with that are excited or find it really cool, or even see the joy of our Father in the steps!

I hate negative attitudes.

May the glory of OUR FATHER shine in every step, every action, every prayer, every request for help and every shared confidence as we work towards bringing these little ones home! HE IS ALL THE STRENGTH WE NEED!

7 comments:

  1. I am excited for you!!!!! I can't wait to see them home!!!! I totally understand- when our Hannah was supposed to come home we were thrilled, but others just couldn't believe that our 7th child would have severe scoliosis & spina bifida- then our sweet angel went to be with Jesus instead. We even had many who didn't understand our grief- they would say things like well at least you didn't bring her home yet- like that matters to an adoptive parent. yep- people are negative- glad you are not one of them!!!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dearest friend--I understand, I understand! Boy have we been there. No doubt about it--it just sucks! Totally.
    I am so very sorry for you--I wish I could just take all the pain and heartache away. KNOW that the only ONE you need to please is your Father in heaven. If every single person were against you, but you were confident this was your mission (because that's what it is)...you would still move ahead with it. I read about so many crazy people in the Bible that did outrageous things for the Lord--most thought they had completely lost it. BUT, they stood firm.
    The Lord never told us the trials would not come--they will! But He did promise He would be there to help us when they did rear their ugly heads. I know He is right there beside you--bringing you comfort even as I write this :)
    Be strong and courageous, dear friend! It is all going to be so worth it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIGHT there with you in this department! Praying for you!

    hugs
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be strong; don't be discouraged, for your work has a reward. 2 Chronicles 15:7 HCSB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! How I wish you all would move here! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I found your blog!! We are adopting from Bulgaria..we feel like we don't have a lot of support either..we have 5 biological children and why would we want more? You said it all...I've always considered my children pure blessings(even at their worst)..why woudn't I want more of that? It's time to put James 1:27 into practice!!

    Renae(adopting Ava)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I wish I could hug you and be there to physically support you. When God calls us to do things that do not fall in the mindset of what the secular world considers "normal" and honestly even some Christians then we are questioned. Only those of us called can truly understand how we can so deeply love children we have never physically met but live in our hearts. How we can love our children with their backgrounds and various handicaps. No, people do not "get it" but they are the ones who are truly blind. Think of all the people who have not been invited on the journey that God has allowed us to be on. I am so thankful we were listening when he called. Don't you feel a little sorry for those who were left out and can't understand our being asked by God to carry out this special mission. Don't be upset they don't support you pity them that they do not know this joy you have in your heart. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete