Monday, August 3, 2009

Where are you?

"True success means faithfully following God in the places where we find ourselves." ----- this was in my bible.

I am reading through Joshua. I just read Ch. 1 yesterday, and we are doing a sermon series in church on it as well.

Where are you now? What is God calling you to do? Now? Are you using circumstances in your life as an excuse to say NO or NOT NOW? Or are you clinging tight to His word? Are you holding it close to your heart? Sharing it? Speaking it? Living it? Trusting it?

Be "strong and courageous" my friends! Our Lord is not limited by earthly possessions, rules, traditions, thoughts, monies, etc.

And yes, I think of adoption as I think over all this. The needs of the forgotten are REAL, CURRENT, and MIGHTY! Have you really thought about how GOD may be wanting to use you in brining a child home???? Be "strong and courageous" my friends!

YOU are an adopted child of GOD! He didn't have to welcome you, HE CHOSE TO! YOU are near and dear to His heart, He willingly brought you into His family, made you joint heirs with His precious, beloved Son! Do you have a heart like His?

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful--absolutely wonderful! One of my favorite chapters in the Word.

    So challenging. Thank you, friend.

    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! It seems like ages since I last had time to sit and read your blog..or anyone's blog for that matter :) While we we're away my laptop wouldn't let me leave comments on your blog for some reason...& you know I had lots to say :) I'll have to leave a post..maybe today :) Isaac's doing good and life is finally kinda adjusting to this little guy here at our home. I loved reading Joshua while in Ukraine & found alot of renewing of my faith. Have to be honest and let you know I haven't read my goog book since being home. I've been relying on radio programs but it's just not the same. Thank you for this pick me up~you've encouaged me to go finish my study of Judges (the bk. after Joshua) Talk to you soon and God bless you dear sister..dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear from you alysha! Look forward to hearing more....

    ReplyDelete