Thursday, April 30, 2009

on a lighter note... BBQ MEATBALLS!

So that you don't think I am all serious all the time, I got inspired by supper last night to share an old family recipe for the best ever [truthfully!] BBQ'd meatballs! I don't know that my family invented this recipe, but it is the only one we have ever really enjoyed. They are so good, and smell so good, and they make great leftover meatball sandwiches! :)

Barbecued Meatballs

3 lbs. ground beef
1 [13 oz] can evaporated milk
2 c. oatmeal
2 eggs
1 c. chopped onion [I use 1/2]
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. chili powder

Sauce

1/2 c. chopped onion [optional]
2 c. ketchup
3/4 to 1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

**Combine meatball ingredients. Shape into balls the size of walnuts.
Place in flat pan, only one layer to pan. [sides on pan needed] Dissolve sauce ingredients together. Pour over meatballs. Bake one hour @ 350*. Approximately 12 servings.




1 comment: