Monday, February 1, 2010

These are my girls.... in whom I am well pleased!

When your child is born, don't you just take in every nice thing said about them. All the ooohing and aahhhing, the lovely compliments, the gushing and the joy and smiles on everyone faces at seeing this precious new life mean so much. I never really thought about how special those moments were to me. They weren't special because I needed to hear them for myself, they were special because so many were celebrating this new life, this wonderful little gift from God. And I LOVED knowing that, because IT WAS WORTH CELEBRATING!

Like I said I never really thought about those times before now, I never really noticed them as being so vital to new life. BUT I do notice when they are conspicuously absent in celebrating the life of my girls! NOT ONE person on this earth celebrated their birth. I do not think their birth mothers did, I think they regretted their birth knowing what lay in store for them... and I think they hurt for them deeply. I do not think they celebrated. So when I bring pictures of my girls to show someone, I DO notice when that ooohing and aaahhhing ISN"T there! And it hurts, and it makes me SO ANGRY! I want to scream at them. I am SO PROUD of and SO OVERJOYED to welcome these beautiful little girls into life as my daughters!

I want the WHOLE world to celebrate their life, because NO ONE EVER HAS! I think Heaven cried the day they were born. I think God was so excited, so happy to have such perfect little girls representing His greatest gifts and His glory... and not one person on earth shared in His joy. I think He cried. And then He saved them for me [my family]!

16-17The moment Jesus came up out of the baptismal waters, the skies opened up and he saw God's Spirit—it looked like a dove—descending and landing on him. And along with the Spirit, a voice: "This is my Son, chosen and marked by my love, delight of my life."


You know, even GOD could not and would not contain His joy in sharing His precious Son with others! He wanted us to know just how pleased and overjoyed He was at seeing His son! He couldn't wait to say "HE IS MINE! AIN'T HE SOMETHING!" Being created in Gods image, I admit I can not contain it either!

If any of you want advice on how to relate to someone adopting... just think about being pregnant. It is the same thing, the same feelings, the same expectations, hopes, and dreams. Our children are not lacking, or unwanted, or just a way to serve God when the world is looking on.... THEY ARE OUR PRIDE AND JOY, they are our DELIGHT! All of them, equally and individually! Just staring ooohhhing and aaahhhing, you can't go wrong! :)

1 comment:

  1. A very important thing to always remember is that we see our children's beauty through eyes that are blessed by our GOD. Not everyone sees the beauty and joy that we do.

    Your girls are beautiful and I pray that make it home to you very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete