Thursday, February 25, 2010

Waiting

I am still so upset about USCIS. I just feel like I can't wait any longer. I have been singing the chorus to the following song off and on all day today. I am still singing it. My heart just wants to stop, every now and then I have to take a deep gasping breath... believe me when I say that "I" can not wait any more for my sweet girls to be home. I CAN'T, but HE can! So I keep singing...



Come And Meet With Me

As I wait, you make me strong
As I long, you draw me to your arms
As I stand and sing your praise
You come, you come and you fill this place
Won't you come, Won't you come and fill this place



____________________________________________________________________

As I wait, I also want to draw your attention to two special little girls who are in an orphanage in Eastern Europe. They are actually in the same one and can be adopted together for very little extra cost! They are younger than my Tavi by a year.

You have all seen on the videos how precious Tavi is. If not, click here. Tavi is 4 years old and completely blind. She had the odds stacked against her since her very premature birth. And look at my little angel now! UNKNOCKDOWNABLE! The thought of the joy she brings to the world, fading away in a dark mental institution still keeps me up at night! Praise God that will NOT be her fate!

SO I send out a plea for a mama and daddy to come and ransom these two little ones from a world of silence and darkness. There are so many things they will never know. What some are lucky enough to at least "see", they never will. Not unless someone steps forward and is willing to answer the call and rescue them! Be the light that brings them out of the darkness, be the light that brings the love of God into their lives. Be there for them.

They are both adorable and would be such blessings for a family willing to step out of their comfort zone, out of the "box", away from the dreams of the world and into the light of heaven! Look at these faces, and look to God and ask if you are to be the light in their world!


This is Wendy. Girl, Born June 25, 2006

SIGNIFICANT RISK, PLEASE ADOPT ME SOON!!

Wendy is a beautiful girl with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. She was born quite premature (not sure which gestational week, but it is listed as "4th stage"). She has CP and is completely blind, with congenital cataracts in both eyes, optic sub-atrophy, and microcephaly.
Despite all of these odds stacked against her, she is an orphanage favorite and is well loved. She will really blossom in a loving family, and learning to use her other senses will open up the world around her.

Wendy is already 3 1/2 now, and is facing the institution soon. She needs a family right away!





This is Michelle. Girl, Born September 8, 2006

SIGNIFICANT RISK, PLEASE ADOPT ME SOON!!

This precious little girl is mostly blind. She has obvious cataracts and strabismus. Her medical records indicate that she is blind with optic atrophy. She has tetraparesis (limb weakness), and this is caused by diagnosed CP. A family who visited with her recently tells us she is quite low functioning right now, but goodness, how she would blossom in al oving family who could really help her overcome her lack of vision!

Michelle will be transferred to a mental institution and will likely remain bedridden for life if she is not adopted. Hope someone will consider being her "forever family"!



Now, in case you aren't familiar with Eastern Europe orphanages, children with special needs are transferred to mental institutions. These are not good places, and the children die within a few years of being sent there... some would say "If they're lucky." These are real little girls, with real feelings, with a right to hopes, and a right to dream! They have never gotten to dream, their world is just dark... no one has taught them that life has possibilities. If you are at all interested, you can find their waiting child listing HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying with you today Kelly! And I love your new blog:).

    ReplyDelete