Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday...

A lot of blogs I read celebrate Thursday by having "Thankful Thursday". So today I thought I would follow suit!

I give thanks to my Heavenly Father today for:

* My husband, John. For 17 years we have shared laughter and tears, joys and sorrows, children by birth and adoption, family, farming woes, spiritual journeys, financial success and failure, new friendships, the dissolution of old friendships, and so much more. God knew what He was doing when He blessed our life together!

* My children: Riley for her compassion and sunny view of life, Logan for challenging everything I thought I knew about raising kids and for his rare but heartfelt "I love yous.", Nolan for being laid back and for always being able to make me smile, Cale for his huge desire to ENJOY life and his defense of the defenseless, Quincy for her tenacity and for her unique way of looking at things, James for his courageous spirit and will to fight, Luke for his energy, vibrance, and outgoing personality.

* My life: I can honestly say that this is where I want to be in life, who I want to be, and who I want to be with! I have day dreams, but they are just adding to what I already get to experience each day....

* My God: I am so thankful for YOU! I am so thankful that you love me so much that you want to reveal your glory to me! I am so thankful that you never, NEVER let me down!

* Tiffany and Shamika: I am so thankful for both of you. You gave life to my children and loved them enough to let them go. How I pray you see Gods Spirit at work in your life!

* My Yana and Shawnee: I am thankful for you for so many reasons. Loving you, adopting you has allowed me to see the Glory of God! To see His goodness, his kindness, his heart, his provision, his tender mercies.... oh my precious babies... if you only knew how much you are dearly loved! I look at your pictures and my arms ache to hold you. I think about you all the time. Soon I will be thankful for having you in my arms, but until then I am so very thankful to God for allowing me to share this journey to you with Him!

Today I "Give thanks with a grateful heart because I am a child, dear to the heart of my heavenly Father!"

1 comment: