Saturday, July 25, 2009

If we are the body....

Did you know that children over 5 years old have a less than 20% chance of being adopted?

Did you know that there are over 143 million orphans in the world?

Did you know that more than 40% of Christians consider adopting and only 1% ever do?

Did you know there are around 2.1 billion people estimated to be Christians worldwide?


Consider these well know quotes by Mother Teresa:

When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.

You and I, we are the Church, no? We have to share with our people. Suffering today is because people are hoarding, not giving, not sharing. Jesus made it very clear. Whatever you do to the least of my brethren, you do it to me. Give a glass of water, you give it to me. Receive a little child, you receive me.



Ran across this in an online post. They are words from a song:
"I am Jesus' little lamb
Ever glad at heart I am
For my Shepherd gently guides me
Knows my needs and well provides me
Loves me every day the same
Even calls me by my name"


"Who so happy as I am
Even now the Shepherds lamb
And when my short life is ended
By His angel hosts attended
He shall fold me to his breast
Ever in His arms to rest!"






FYI: This little girl is looking for her forever family. This is a current picture. Are you the one Jesus is calling out to? Email: bamaroberts@comcast.net Her name is Edie. She just turned 3.






No comments:

Post a Comment